Sunday, March 14, 2010

Regional Spelling Bee

I won my Regional Spelling Bee yesterday for the 2nd year in a row! I get to go back to Washington D.C. to compete in the National Spelling Bee, thanks to Lockridge Grindal Nauen, the law firm that's sponsoring me. I won on the word "sumo" after the second place boy, Paul, misspelled "fervorous". I'm already studying for Nationals, and one of my friends from last year, Sonia, will be returning as well! Congratulations to all who participated in my Regional bee and good luck to any aspiring spellers out there!
Anja Beth

1 comment:

  1. Dear Anja Beth,

    My name is Scott Remer, and I'd like to extend my congratulations on your success at the regional bee. The reason I'm writing is that I placed 4th in the Scripps National Spelling Bee in 2008 and subsequently spent the next 14 months writing the definitive guide to preparing for the National Spelling Bee, entitled Words of Wisdom: Keys to Success in the Scripps National Spelling Bee (published 2/23/10). More information is available at my website, www.spellingbeebook.com. I believe this book will prove to be an invaluable resource for you.

    If you'd like to purchase a book, please use the discount code XPKUW5A9 for $3.00 off.

    Good luck!

    Sincerely,
    Scott Remer

    ReplyDelete