Saturday, April 10, 2010

Update

Studying has been going well! I received a copy of the Study Guide for rounds 2 and 3 from Scripps and have mastered that with help from my dad. Today, I finished the Moderately Used section of the Consolidated Word List, a compilation of all the words used in Scripps National Spelling Bees up to 2004. It totals more than 23,000 words!
Our Spring Break trip to Colorado was a lot of fun. I had never skied Copper Mountain before, and they have some really great runs. The view from the top is spectacular. We also had a fun surprise- we ran into a friend of mine and her family! We got to ski with them for a while.
I'm so excited. Only 55 days until the Bee officially starts! This will be my 3rd trip to Washington D.C. in just over 2 years. We're looking at possible things to do while we're there, so suggestions in the comments are welcome.
Anja Beth

1 comment:

  1. Last year, we rode around DC on a double decker bus while just about everyone else was studying (Tuesday).

    ReplyDelete